Roast potato, bacon and Marmite tray roast
- March 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 20-25 min
If you’ve never cooked with Marmite before, you’re in for a treat. Add salty tang to this vegetable and bacon traybake for a little ‘something extra’.
Love Marmite? We’ve rounded up 13 marvellous ways with the stuff.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 19.7g (3.8g saturated)
- 74.8g (10.1g sugars)
- 6 leftover roast potatoes, quartered
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp Marmite
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 6 British free-range back bacon rashers, roughly chopped
- 250g sourdough bread, torn into chunks
- 200g sliced kale, any tough stalks removed
- 1 tsp clear honey
- Zest ½ lemon
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the roast potatoes and red onion wedges in a medium roasting tin. Drizzle over 1 tbsp Marmite (see tip) and toss well to coat, then roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the bacon and fry for 6-8 minutes until crisp and golden. Add the torn bread and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until beginning to crisp.
- Toss the kale in the pan with the bacon and bread, then tip everything into the roasting tin with the potatoes and onions. Drizzle over the remaining Marmite and honey, then sprinkle with a little black pepper. Toss well to coat, then roast for another 6-8 minutes or until the kale starts to crisp. Top with the lemon zest and serve as it is, or add a fried or poached egg each if you’re extra hungry.
When drizzling Marmite, lightly oil the measuring.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...