Stuffed Mediterranean chicken
- May 2009
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 10 min, oven time 20 min
This stuffed Mediterranean chicken dish is a good way of using up mozzarella and roasted peppers. For a tasty alternative, omit the mozzarella and add a spoonful of pesto instead.
- 2 British free-range skin-on chicken breasts
- 4 slices of mozzarella
- 4 ready-roasted peppers
- Few fresh basil leaves
- Handful vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- Handful baby spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Handful ready-made croutons
- Heat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Make slits along the sides of the chicken breasts to make a large pocket in each. Season inside and out.
- Stuff each generously with 2 slices of mozzarella, a couple of ready-roasted peppers and a few fresh basil leaves. Place on a lightly oiled baking tray with a handful of vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, and drizzle with a little more olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the tomatoes are soft.
- Meanwhile, toss a handful of baby spinach leaves with the pine nuts of your choice and a handful ready-made croutons.
- Dress with your favourite vinaigrette and serve alongside the chicken and roasted tomatoes.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Stuffed chicken with cabbage and bacon
This cheesy stuffed chicken recipe benefits from a side order of crunchy cabbage and salty...