Stuffed chicken breasts with stir-fried kale and hazelnuts
- December 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Chicken breasts are stuffed with garlic, tarragon and mascarpone before being baked in the oven and served with a kale and hazelnut stir-fry.
- 26.3g (7.3g saturated)
- 5.3g (4.1g sugars)
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tbsp mascarpone
- ½ small bunch of fresh tarragon, finely chopped,
- 4 free-range skin-on chicken breasts
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for frying
- 60g blanched hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 200g kale, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Heat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Crush the garlic into a bowl with the mascarpone and tarragon then mix.
- Season the chicken breasts, then loosen the skin to form a pocket. Stuff with the herby mix, then put on a baking tray and roast for 20 minutes.
- Heat a large pan with a little extra-virgin olive oil. Toast the hazelnuts in the pan over a medium heat, tossing. Tip onto kitchen paper. Add the onion to the pan and fry over a high heat until lightly browned. Add the kale and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add the chilli to the pan with the lemon juice and the nuts. Season, add a little more oil, then stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- When the chicken is done, rest it for 2 minutes. Serve the kale topped with the chicken and any pan juices.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Stuffed chicken with cabbage and bacon
This cheesy stuffed chicken recipe benefits from a side order of crunchy cabbage and salty...