Stuffed red peppers
- September 2009
- Serves 8
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 20 minutes to cook
TV chef Simon Rimmer is a master of vegetarian recipes. His stuffed red peppers are ideal as part of a barbecue spread.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 6g (1.8g saturated)
- 12.3g (5.4g sugar)
- 4 red peppers, halved with stalks on
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
For the filling
- 100g couscous
- 150ml vegetable stock, hot
- 130g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 25g pine nuts, toasted
- 5 spring onions, finely sliced
- 60g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely diced
- Small handful fresh flatleaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Light/preheat a barbecue with a lid, then make the filling. Put the couscous in a bowl, pour over the stock, cover the bowl and leave for 5 minutes. Fluff up the couscous with a fork and season to taste. Stir the remaining filling ingredients into the couscous and set aside.
- Brush the peppers with oil and place, cut-side down, on the barbecue for 5 minutes, then turn over and fill with the couscous mixture.
- Cover with the barbecue lid and cook for 10-15 minutes, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...