Stuffed red peppers
- September 2009
- Serves 8
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 20 minutes to cook
TV chef Simon Rimmer is a master of vegetarian recipes. His stuffed red peppers are ideal as part of a barbecue spread.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 6g (1.8g saturated)
- 12.3g (5.4g sugar)
- 4 red peppers, halved with stalks on
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
For the filling
- 100g couscous
- 150ml vegetable stock, hot
- 130g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 25g pine nuts, toasted
- 5 spring onions, finely sliced
- 60g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely diced
- Small handful fresh flatleaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Light/preheat a barbecue with a lid, then make the filling. Put the couscous in a bowl, pour over the stock, cover the bowl and leave for 5 minutes. Fluff up the couscous with a fork and season to taste. Stir the remaining filling ingredients into the couscous and set aside.
- Brush the peppers with oil and place, cut-side down, on the barbecue for 5 minutes, then turn over and fill with the couscous mixture.
- Cover with the barbecue lid and cook for 10-15 minutes, then serve.
Rate & review