- April 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 5 minutes to make and about 25 minutes to cook
A light, easy dinner that tastes great on its own or serve alongside steak, roast lamb or baked white fish.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 9.5g (4.2g saturated)
- 40.5g (9.5g sugar)
- 4 red peppers
- Oil, for brushing
- 150g rice
- 350ml vegetable stock
- 75g grated mixed Gruyère and Parmesan
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- A handful of pitted black olives, chopped
- A handful of rocket
- Extra Gruyère for the topping
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/ gas 6. Halve and deseed the peppers, brush with oil and bake, cut-side down, on a baking tray for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice in vegetable stock until just tender, then stir in the mixed Gruyère and Parmesan, tomatoes, a handful of olives and a handful of rocket. Fill the peppers with the mixture and grate extra Gruyère on top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cheese has melted and the peppers are tender.
Use vegetarian cheeses instead of Gruyère and Parmesan to make this budget dish of stuffed peppers a vegetarian option.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...