- April 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 5 minutes to make and about 25 minutes to cook
A light, easy dinner that tastes great on its own or serve alongside steak, roast lamb or baked white fish.
- 9.5g (4.2g saturated)
- 40.5g (9.5g sugar)
- 4 red peppers
- Oil, for brushing
- 150g rice
- 350ml vegetable stock
- 75g grated mixed Gruyère and Parmesan
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- A handful of pitted black olives, chopped
- A handful of rocket
- Extra Gruyère for the topping
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/ gas 6. Halve and deseed the peppers, brush with oil and bake, cut-side down, on a baking tray for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice in vegetable stock until just tender, then stir in the mixed Gruyère and Parmesan, tomatoes, a handful of olives and a handful of rocket. Fill the peppers with the mixture and grate extra Gruyère on top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cheese has melted and the peppers are tender.
Use vegetarian cheeses instead of Gruyère and Parmesan to make this budget dish of stuffed peppers a vegetarian option.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter