Red peppers stuffed with pork and rice
- August 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min, oven time 15-20 min
Red peppers are stuffed with a paprika-spiced pork mince and rice filling in this quick and easy Hungarian inspired midweek meal.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 14.6g (4.9g saturated)
- 28g (12.3g sugars)
- 8 small red peppers, stem ends cut off, seeds removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp sweet smoked paprika, plus extra to sprinkle
- 500g British free-range lean pork mince
- 200g chopped tomatoes
- 200g cooked basmati rice
- 1 large free-range egg, lightly beaten
- Chopped fresh coriander, salad and soured cream
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Lightly prick the peppers all over with the tip of a sharp knife, then put them on a microwaveable plate and cook on high in the microwave for 5 minutes or until softened but not collapsing.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a sauté pan and fry the onion and garlic with the coriander and paprika until soft, adding a splash of water if it looks too dry. Season, then add the mince and fry for 5 minutes or until coloured. Add the tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the rice, beaten egg and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Put the peppers into a baking tray, standing upright, and fill with the mince-rice mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the filling is piping hot. Serve sprinkled with coriander alongside a salad with soured cream sprinkled with paprika.
Rate & review