Summer berry jelly and white chocolate pannacotta
- August 2010
- Serves 6
- Takes 40 min to make, 15 min to cook, plus overnight setting
We like a good jelly recipe. This pannacotta is a summery treat that tastes as good as it looks.
- 48.7g (30.1g
- 36.5g (36.5g sugar)
- 7 fine gelatine leaves (we used Costa Fine Leaf)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 150g caster sugar
- 250ml medium-sweet rosé wine
- 250g mixed raspberries, small strawberries (hulled and quartered), blueberries and redcurrants, plus extra berries to serve
For the pannacotta
- 500ml double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 75g white chocolate, broken up into chunks
- 3 fine gelatine leaves
- Soak the 7 gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes to soften. In a pan, bring 300ml water and the lemon juice to the boil. Add the sugar, stir until dissolved, then remove from the heat. Squeeze the water from the gelatine and add to the syrup. Stir until dissolved, then stir in the wine.
- Put the jelly aside to cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, divide the mixed berries among 6 x 200ml dariole moulds (or a 1.3 litre loaf tin), then pour over the cool jelly to half-fill the moulds/tin. Chill for at least 2 hours in the fridge to set.
- Once the jelly has set, make the pannacotta. Heat the cream in a pan over a medium heat. As it starts to boil, reduce the heat, then stir in the vanilla bean paste and white chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has melted, then remove from the heat.
- Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes to soften, then squeeze out the excess water and place in a bowl with 4 tbsp boiling water, stirring to melt. Add to the cream and chocolate mixture and allow to cool a little. Pour the pannacotta mixture into the dariole moulds or loaf tin on top of the set jelly and berry layer. Leave to set overnight in the fridge. Turn out and serve with more berries.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Make-ahead dessert recipes
Cherry and rosé sorbet with cherry compote and grilled madeira cake
Dish up a beautiful summer dessert with a difference. Serve cherry and rosé sorbet and...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...