Sweet potato, pea and cheese quesadillas
- March 2019
- Serves 8 as a snack
- Hands-on time 30 min
Whether it’s a veggie snack, starter or Friday night meal, these easy, cheesy quesadillas filled with sweet potato and avocado are sure to go down a treat.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 16.1g (5.9g saturated)
- 41.9g (5g sugars)
- 300g sweet potatoes
- 100g drained sweetcorn
- 125g defrosted petits pois
- 60g each grated cheddar and mozzarella
- Large handful of chopped fresh coriander
- 8 tortilla wraps
- 2 stoned avocados
- Juice of 1 lime, plus extra to serve
- 2 sliced spring onions
- Microwave the sweet potatoes on high for 10-12 minutes until soft. Heat a large non-stick frying pan and fry the sweetcorn until lightly charred, then set aside in a bowl. When the potato is cool enough to handle, scoop out the flesh into a large mixing bowl and mix in the defrosted petits pois, grated cheddar and mozzarella and a large handful of chopped fresh coriander. Divide the mixture equally among 4 tortilla wraps, top with 4 more wraps, then press down to sandwich together.
- Heat the pan over a medium heat and cook the quesadillas, one at a time, for 3 minutes on each side until golden and the cheese has melted. Keep warm while you cook the rest.
- Mash the avocados with the lime juice and serve alongside the quartered quesadillas, sprinkled with the charred corn, sliced spring onions and extra lime wedges for squeezing.
Rate & review
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...