Sweet potato soup with garlic croûtes
- November 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 45 min
Take your soup-making skills up a notch with this sweet potato recipe; it’s bound to satisfy whoever’s at the table, and who could possibly say no to garlic croûtes?
If you like the look of this, take a look at our creamy butternut squash and tomato soup.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 21.1g (8.5g saturated)
- 81.1g (16.1g sugars)
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, halved
- 4 sweet potatoes (about 750g), peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 750ml good quality vegetable stock
- 2 small ciabatta loaves, split open and cut into sticks
- 40g butter, melted
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 4 tbsp single cream
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Toss the chopped onion, 4 of the garlic cloves and the sweet potato chunks with the oil on a large roasting tray, then season well with salt and pepper. Roast for 40-45 minutes until the potatoes are softened and golden.
- Transfer the roasted vegetables to a large saucepan (keep the oven on). Pour in the stock, then bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and whizz with a stick blender until smooth. Freeze in portions or return the soup to the hob to warm through. Taste, season and keep warm.
- Put the ciabatta sticks on a baking tray. Grate the remaining garlic into a small bowl, then mix in the butter and parsley and brush over the ciabatta sticks. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes to toast.
- Divide the soup among 4 warmed bowls, drizzle with the cream, scatter over the pumpkin seeds and serve the garlic croûtes on the side.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Creamy butternut squash and tomato soup
Smooth butternut squash soup is a delicious winter warmer and is suitable for vegetarians too....
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...