- February 2021
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 1 hour 40 min
This taco traybake topped with melted cheese really cuts down on the washing up when you’re cooking a midweek meal. Serve with guacamole.
Check out our collection of taco recipes, filled with everyting from chicken or pork to crab, smoked lentils or mackerel.
- 15.1g (5.3g saturated)
- 31.1g (14.2g sugars)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1kg beef stewing steak or pork shoulder, cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 2 mixed sweet peppers, sliced
- 2-3 tbsp mexican spice mix or fajita seasoning
- 400g tinned tomatoes
- 300ml chicken stock or water
- Juice 2 oranges
- 198g tin sweetcorn, drained
- 3 tortilla wraps, cut into triangles
- 50g cheddar, grated
- Fresh coriander and lime wedges to serve (optional)
You’ll also need
- Shallow flameproof casserole or heavy-based ovenproof saucepan with a lid
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Heat the oil in the casserole/saucepan over a high heat, then add the meat, onions and peppers. Fry for 5 minutes, then stir in the spice mix or fajita seasoning and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes and stock/water and bring to the boil, then cover the casserole/saucepan and transfer to the oven. Cook for 1½ hours, stirring halfway through, until the meat falls apart easily when pressed with a spoon. Remove from the oven and stir, breaking up the meat as you do (see Make Ahead).
- Stir in the orange juice and sweetcorn, then top with the tortilla triangles, scatter with the cheese and return to the oven for 10 minutes until the tortilla pieces are golden and the cheese has melted.
- Serve topped with coriander and lime wedges on the side if you like.
Make up to the end of step 2 and freeze the meat in the sauce for up to 3 months. Defrost before heating through, then continue with the recipe.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...