Harissa-spiced lamb tacos
- October 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Our spicy harissa-spiced lamb tacos – served with an avocado salad – are a great midweek meal that’s ready in just 30 mins.
Wondering what to do with the remaining harissa? We’ve got some nifty ways to use up leftover harissa, here.
- 4.3g (10g saturated)
- 36.7g (21.1g sugars)
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 450g British lean lamb mince
- 4 tbsp rose harissa
- 100g sultanas
- 8 taco shells
- 80g feta
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- 4 little gem lettuces, roughly chopped
To serve (optional)
- Sliced green chilli
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. In a large frying pan, heat 1 tbsp of the oil over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for 5 minutes until starting to soften. Add the ground coriander and fry for a few minutes, then stir in the lamb mince.
- Turn up the heat and fry the mince, stirring regularly, until browned and beginning to crisp (about 5 minutes). Stir in the harissa and sultanas. Cook for another 5 minutes until the mince has cooked through, then taste and season.
- Divide the mixture among the taco shells and arrange them carefully on a baking sheet lined with non-stick baking paper. Crumble over the feta, then bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the avocado and lettuce in a bowl, drizzle with the rest of the rapeseed oil and season to taste. Serve the tacos straight from the oven, scattered with chilli (if you like a bit of heat), with the salad on the side.
If you have a lemon to hand, squeeze half over the salad with a drizzle of oil (step 4). Next time, serve the filling in flatbreads with yogurt and a squeeze of lemon. You can also stir in some cooked rice or beans to stretch the filling. This would also taste great made with beef mince.
Cook the meat 24 hours ahead, keep covered in the fridge and reheat in the microwave or a pan until piping hot.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Quick harissa lamb and red onions with herby quinoa
If there are any leftovers from this quick lamb with quinoa supper, you can have...
Harissa lamb with bulgur, aubergine and tomato salad
A quick, impressive-looking lamb dish with North African flavours.
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...