Tandoori prawns with mint raita
- October 2007
- Serves 2
- Ready in 15 minutes
A quick prawn curry recipe with cooling mint raita.
- 115g basmati rice
- 4 tbsp natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp tandoori curry paste
- 450g raw, large peeled prawns
- ½ cucumber
- 100g natural yogurt
- A handful chopped fresh mint leaves
- Rice, to serve
- Mint sprigs, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve (optional)
- Cook 115g basmati rice in simmering water for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium-high. In a bowl, mix together 4 tablespoons natural yogurt with 2 tablespoons tandoori curry paste. Add 450g raw, large peeled prawns and toss to coat. Tip onto a foil-lined baking tray, along with the marinade, and grill for 4-5 minutes or until just cooked through.
- For the raita, peel long, thin strips from 1/2 cucumber with a vegetable peeler, then pat dry on kitchen paper. Put into a bowl, add 100g natural yogurt, a handful chopped fresh mint leaves and some seasoning and mix together.
- Divide the rice between plates and spoon the prawns and raita alongside.
- Garnish with extra fresh mint sprigs. Serve with lime wedges, to squeeze over, if you like.
Rate & review