Prawn and harissa pasta
- June 2022
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min
This 15-minute prawn pasta is inspired by arrabbiata sauce, normally made with chilli flakes. Our version gets its fragrant heat from rose harissa.
Need dinner in a hurry? Check out 70+ more quick pasta recipes.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 8.8g (1.3g saturated)
- 98g (10.4g sugars)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp rose harissa paste
- 2 x 400g tins san marzano tomatoes
- Pinch sugar (optional)
- 12 raw shell-on prawns
- 500g pappardelle (or another shape)
- Small bunch basil leaves, torn
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a low heat and add the garlic. Fry gently, stirring, until the garlic starts to colour, then add the harissa and fry for 30 seconds more. Stir in the tomatoes, breaking them up with a spoon. Add a pinch of salt and simmer for 10 minutes. Taste and season, adding a pinch of sugar if needed. Tip in the prawns and simmer for a further 5-6 minutes or until the prawns are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to the packet instructions until al dente. Drain, then stir into the sauce to coat. Divide among bowls and scatter with the basil and freshly ground black pepper.
NEXT TIME Make the sauce without the prawns and simmer it for 15 minutes. Use it as a base for baked eggs, spaghetti with meatballs or as a topping for homemade pizza.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Quick Italian midweek meal recipes
Linguine with roasted tomatoes, prawns, garlic and basil
This linguine with roasted tomatoes, prawns, garlic and basil recipe makes a low-fat, easy pasta...
More food for thought...
Quick pasta recipes
All our speedy pasta recipes are ready in...
15-minute meal recipes
When 15 minutes is all you have, these...
Prawns are a quick-cooking, versatile seafood so why...
Chances are you've got a jar of spicy...
Budget pasta recipes
Pasta is a great thrifty way to bulk...
Quick midweek meals
In need of some midweek meal inspiration? Try...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...