Thai red chicken curry with brown rice
- April 2015
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 20 min
Make midweek cooking easy for yourself with this shortcut Thai chicken recipe using shop-bought curry paste.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 1 tbsp Marks & Spencer red Thai curry paste, or similar
- 230-250g free-range mini chicken fillets, or similar
- 100ml coconut milk
- 100g tenderstem broccoli
- 50ml coconut cream
- ½ tbsp fish sauce
- ½ tbsp brown sugar (or palm sugar)
- 100g baby spinach
- Lime juice to taste
- 300g Cook with M&S microwave wholegrain rice, or similar to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp of the coconut milk in a large frying pan over a medium heat, then add the curry paste and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Roughly chop the chicken, add to the pan and stir over a high heat for about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim the tenderstem broccoli and pour over boiling water from the kettle to cover. Leave for a minute or two while the chicken is cooking, then drain well and add to the pan. Add the remaining coconut milk, the coconut cream, fish sauce and sugar. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through (this will depend on the size of your chicken pieces – the meat should have no trace of pink inside when sliced).
- Meanwhile, heat the rice according to the packet instructions. Stir the spinach through the curry and cook until wilted. Taste and season with salt, pepper and lime juice, then serve with the rice.
Coconut cream is thicker than coconut milk and usually sold in smaller tins.
Rate & review