Toffee banana trifles
- January 2006
- Serves 6
- Ready in 20 minutes
Need a quick and easy trifle? You can put this toffee and banana recipe together in 20 minutes.
- 29.4g (11.8g saturated)
- 53.6g (38.6g sugar)
- 6 slices shop-bought chocolate cake
- 6 tbsp Baileys
- 3 medium bananas
- 6 tbsp dulce de leche toffee sauce (we like Merchant Gourmet)
- 500g tub fresh custard
- 142ml carton double cream
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Edible small gold or silver balls, to decorate
- To prepare: Break up the chocolate cake into pieces and divide between 6 dessert glasses. Drizzle 1 tablespoon Baileys over each. Slice the bananas and divide the slices between the glasses. Dollop a spoonful of toffee sauce over each, followed by a few spoonfuls of custard. Chill until required.
- To serve: In a bowl, whip the double cream and vanilla extract until thick, spoon into each glass and decorate the top with edible gold or silver balls.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Caramelised pineapple and coconut trifle with rum syllabub
A boozy, fruity trifle with coconut custard is the perfect end to an evening. This...
Salted caramel and banana trifle with toffee walnuts
This salted caramel trifle recipe makes a showstopper dessert for dinner parties.