Heritage tomato salad with air dried ham, melon and mozzarella
- 2015 July
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min
Fresh melon and juicy tomatoes contrast perfectly with salty ham in Debbie Major’s summer salad recipe.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 25.3g (11.2g saturated)
- 8g (7.7g sugars)
- 450g mixed heritage-style tomatoes (red, yellow, green and striped)
- ½ ripe orange-fleshed melon, such as charentais or canteloupe
- ½ cucumber, peeled, halved lengthways and thickly sliced
- Small bunch fresh mint, shredded
- 2 buffalo mozzarella balls, drained well, torn into small pieces
- 12 thin slices air-dried Cumbrian ham, torn into strips (or use prosciutto or serrano ham)
- 30g rocket
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch caster sugar
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the tomatoes into wedges (or halves if small) and put in a mixing bowl. Cut the melon into 4 wedges, then scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Cut the flesh off the skin, then slice thinly. Add to the tomatoes with the cucumber, mint, 8 tsp of the dressing and a little more seasoning.
- Spoon the tomato mixture onto a serving platter or individual plates and tuck in the mozzarella pieces and ham strips. Scatter over the rocket, drizzle with the rest of the dressing, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Greek salad with mint and fried halloumi
This Greek salad recipe from Silvana Franco is bound to be a hit whether you’re...