Tomato, aubergine, courgette and mozzarella tagliatelle
- January 2005
- Serves 2
- Ready in 25 min
Eat in Italian style with this easy vegetarian pasta recipe with seasonal vegetables. This can be adapted for meat lovers by adding slices of prosciutto.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 33.3g (7.9g saturated)
- 63.2g (5.4g sugar)
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 courgette, roughly diced
- 1 small aubergine, roughly diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 290g jar whole cherry tomato and basil sauce (we like Sacla, from major supermarkets)
- 100g baby chestnut mushrooms, halved if large
- 150g egg tagliatelle
- 75g mozzarella, drained and diced
- Small fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Put a large pan of salted water on to boil. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the courgette and aubergine and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add the crushed garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomato sauce, then half-fill the jar with water and add to the pan, along with the mushrooms. Bring to a simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes, until the vegetables are just tender. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the tagliatelle according to packet instructions. Remove from the heat, drain, and return to the pan. Stir the mozzarella into the hot sauce until it begins to melt and become stringy, then tip over the pasta. Toss together and divide between warm plates. Sprinkle with basil leaves to serve.
Rate & review