- May 2009
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 15 min, oven time 20 min
This tomato calzone is an easy, tasty and fun veggie supper, ideal for a Friday night. The filling would also work
well as a pizza topping.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 200g white bread mix
- 1 tbsp tomato chutney
- 1 tbsp caramelised onions
- 60g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 60g baby plum tomatoes, halved
- Few semi-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 100g creamy goat’s cheese, crumbled
- A little milk, for brushing
- Green salad, to serve
- Heat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Pour the white bread mix into a bowl and follow the pack instructions to make into a dough, kneading until soft and smooth. Halve the dough, roll each half into an 18cm circle, and leave to rest for 10 minutes in a warm place.
- Leaving a 2cm border, spread the tomato chutney and the caramelised onions over each base. Mix the cherry tomatoes with the baby plum tomatoes and the semi-dried tomatoes. Season and spoon between the dough circles, then top with the goat’s cheese.
- Brush the borders with a little water and fold each into a semi-circle, pressing the edges together well to seal. Place on a baking tray, brush all over with a little milk and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden and crisp. Serve with a simple green salad, if you like.
Rate & review