Tomato, dill, olive and feta orzo
- June 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, simmering time 15-20 min
This one-pot vegetarian orzo dish is easy to make and oh-so oozy from the addition of feta cheese.
Got more orzo to use? How about this leek and lemon recipe, it’s ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 21g (8.3g saturated)
- 68.7g (14.9g sugars)
- Glug of oil
- 1 finely sliced red onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2 x 400g tins chopped cherry tomatoes
- Handful of pitted black olives
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp agave nectar or honey
- 300g orzo
- 500ml water
- 100g spinach
- 200g pack of feta
- Bunch of chopped fresh dill
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat a glug of oil in a medium saucepan, add the red onion, then cook gently for 5 minutes. Add the garlic clove, chopped cherry tomatoes, a handful of pitted black olives, the sherry vinegar, tomato purée and agave nectar, stir together, season and add the orzo and 500ml water.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes more until the orzo is al dente, then add the spinach and cook for a few minutes more until wilted; stir in a splash more water if it looks a bit dry.
- To serve, crumble in the feta, stir in most of the bunch of chopped fresh dill, then scatter over the remaining feta and the remaining dill. Drizzle over a glug of extra-virgin olive oil, then serve with lemon wedges for squeezing.
Rate & review