Spinach and orzo pilaf with paprika prawns
- March 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min, simmering time 20 min
Make this warm orzo salad recipe, with spicy paprika prawns, when spinach is at its best in springtime.
- 8.4g (1.4g saturated)
- 66.3g (3.4g sugars)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sliced leek
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 350g orzo
- 650ml fresh chicken stock
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced, plus extra to serve
- 250g spinach, washed and roughly chopped
- 150g raw peeled prawns
- 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint, plus extra to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan over a low-medium heat. Add the leek and the cloves, then cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes until soft.
- Add the orzo and cook for 2 minutes, stirring. Add the stock and the lemon juice and zest. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes until the orzo is tender and the liquid mostly evaporated. Add the spinach, a handful at a time, stirring each to wilt.
- Heat a small frying pan with the remaining olive oil over a high heat. Add the prawns and paprika, then cook for 2-3 minutes until the prawns are pink. Fold in the mint, taste, then season with more lemon juice, salt and pepper. Serve with fresh mint leaves.
Rate & review