Spinach and orzo pilaf with paprika prawns
- March 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min, simmering time 20 min
Make this warm orzo salad recipe, with spicy paprika prawns, when spinach is at its best in springtime.
- 8.4g (1.4g saturated)
- 66.3g (3.4g sugars)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sliced leek
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 350g orzo
- 650ml fresh chicken stock
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced, plus extra to serve
- 250g spinach, washed and roughly chopped
- 150g raw peeled prawns
- 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint, plus extra to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan over a low-medium heat. Add the leek and the cloves, then cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes until soft.
- Add the orzo and cook for 2 minutes, stirring. Add the stock and the lemon juice and zest. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes until the orzo is tender and the liquid mostly evaporated. Add the spinach, a handful at a time, stirring each to wilt.
- Heat a small frying pan with the remaining olive oil over a high heat. Add the prawns and paprika, then cook for 2-3 minutes until the prawns are pink. Fold in the mint, taste, then season with more lemon juice, salt and pepper. Serve with fresh mint leaves.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...