Tuna and bean salad with mustard dressing
- March 2010
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 20 minutes
Save your pennies and make your work colleagues jealous with this tasty and quick lunch of tuna and bean salad with mustard dressing. This recipe is for two, but easily doubled.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Handful green beans, halved
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 215g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 215g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful of rocket
- 225g can tuna, drained and flaked into chunks
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- ½ tbsp honey
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 3-4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Blanch the green beans in a pan of boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes until tender. Drain and refresh.
- Put the chopped red onion in a sieve and run under cold water to remove some of the harsh flavour of raw onion.
- Put the butter beans and the kidney beans in a bowl and stir in the green beans, onion, cherry tomatoes, rocket and tuna.
- For the dressing whisk the mustard, honey, and the lemon zest and juice. Season, then whisk in the olive oil. Toss with the salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chickpea, tomato and red pepper salad, avocado dressing
This chickpea, tomato and red pepper salad can be served as a simple lunch, a...