Tuna, broccoli, tomatoes and chickpeas
- August 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 minutes
This quick tuna salad recipe, made with broccoli, tomatoes and chickpeas, is high in protein and fibre but low in fat.
If you like the look of this, you might also like our tuna and cannellini bean salad, too.
- 4.3g (0.5g saturated),
- 20.9g (1.9g sugars)
- 185g tin eco-friendly tuna in spring water or brine
- 2 x 400g tins chickpeas
- 2 tbsp capers
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- Large bunch fresh parsley
- 1 red chilli (optional)
- 100g tenderstem broccoli
- Lemon wedges for squeezing
- Drain the tuna, then flake into a mixing bowl using a fork. Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then drain and rinse the capers. Add them all to the bowl. Halve the tomatoes and add to the bowl. Chop the parsley, slice the chilli (if you don’t like spicy food, remove the seeds – or leave the chilli out completely), then add to the bowl. Bring a kettle of water to the boil.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets, slicing the stems thinly, and put in a heatproof bowl. Pour the boiling water over the broccoli florets, leave for 2 minutes, then drain.
- Toss the broccoli with the chickpea, tuna and tomato mixture, then season. Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing.
Next time use tinned white beans such as cannellini instead of chickpeas.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Healthy salad recipes
Quinoa, tenderstem broccoli, avocado and tuna salad
If you’re looking for a healthy, tasty and super speedy meal, this is it. Ready...