- May 2005
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 finely chopped onion
- A few chopped chives
- 500g ready-made or leftover mashed potato
- 2 200g jars or cans of tuna steak in spring water
- 2 crushed matzo crackers
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons tartare sauce
- 1 lemon
1. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until softened.
2. Put into a large bowl and stir in the chives, mashed potato and tuna. Season well. Shape into 8 patties and press firmly into the matzo crackers until well-coated.
3. Shallow-fry on both sides until golden, then drain on kitchen paper.
4. Mix the mayonnaise, tartare sauce and a few more chopped chives. Serve alongside the fishcakes with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...