Romesco prawn fishcakes
- April 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min, plus chilling
Use leftover mashed potato to make these Mediterranean-style prawn fishcakes, flavoured with roasted peppers, garlic and smoked paprika, and have dinner ready in only 30 minutes.
- 15.3g (4.7g saturated)
- 40.8g (3.2g sugars)
- 350g sustainable frozen raw peeled king prawns, defrosted
- Olive oil for frying
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 100g roasted red peppers from a jar, drained (we used Karyatis)
- 25g blanched almonds, lightly toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika or dulce pimentón
- Finely grated zest 1 lemon and juice ½, plus wedges to serve
- 450g leftover mashed potato
- 2 medium free-range eggs, beaten
- 130g panko breadcrumbs
To serve (optional)
- Sliced spring onions, natural yogurt and a green salad
- Cut the prawns into 3cm pieces. Heat a glug of oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, then fry the prawns for 3-4 minutes until pink. Add half the garlic and fry for another minute. Remove everything from the pan to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Whizz the red peppers, almonds, paprika, lemon juice and remaining garlic to a smooth paste in a food processor, adding salt and pepper.
- Put the mashed potato in a medium bowl with the prawns, pepper paste and lemon zest. Season and combine. Shape into 8 equal fishcakes about 2cm thick, then put on a plate, cover and chill for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Put the eggs and breadcrumbs on 2 separate shallow bowls. Dip each fishcake first into the eggs, then the breadcrumbs. Heat a glug of oil in a clean frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the fishcakes for 5 minutes on each side or until golden and hot. Serve with lemon wedges, spring onions, yogurt and salad, if you like.
If you like spice, use hot smoked paprika or add a chopped red chilli in step 3.
Make the fishcakes up to the end of step 3; keep covered in the fridge for up to 12 hours, then continue with the recipe.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...