Turkey, beetroot and chickpea burgers
- February 2012
- Makes 8 burgers
- Ready in 25 min
The whole family will love this healthy, budget-friendly post-Christmas recipe that uses up leftover turkey and apple sauce in tasty burgers.
Looking for more ways to cook turkey mince? Try one of these six easy turkey mince recipes.
- 4.5g (0.6g saturated)
- 7g (2.1g sugars)
- 400g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 500g turkey mince or chicken mince
- 2 medium ready-cooked beetroot, coarsely grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp apple sauce
- 3 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Pulse the chickpeas in a food processor until roughly chopped. Transfer to a bowl and mix with the mince, beetroot, onion, fennel seeds, apple sauce and fresh parsley. Season and form into 8 burgers.
- Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a frying pan and cook the burgers for 6-7 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Serve in toasted buns topped with rocket and mayonnaise.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Tzatziki turkey burgers
A low-fat burger recipe – turkey mince is one of the leanest meats around; alternatively,...
Turkey and apricot burgers with sweet potato wedges
Get a taste of the Mediterranean with this delicious sweet-and-sour turkey and apricot burger recipe.
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...