Turkey, beetroot and chickpea burgers
- February 2012
- Makes 8 burgers
- Ready in 25 min
The whole family will love this healthy, budget-friendly post-Christmas recipe that uses up leftover turkey and apple sauce in tasty burgers.
Looking for more ways to cook turkey mince? Try one of these six easy turkey mince recipes.
- 4.5g (0.6g saturated)
- 7g (2.1g sugars)
- 400g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 500g turkey mince or chicken mince
- 2 medium ready-cooked beetroot, coarsely grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp apple sauce
- 3 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Pulse the chickpeas in a food processor until roughly chopped. Transfer to a bowl and mix with the mince, beetroot, onion, fennel seeds, apple sauce and fresh parsley. Season and form into 8 burgers.
- Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a frying pan and cook the burgers for 6-7 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Serve in toasted buns topped with rocket and mayonnaise.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Tzatziki turkey burgers
A low-fat burger recipe – turkey mince is one of the leanest meats around; alternatively,...
Turkey and apricot burgers with sweet potato wedges
Get a taste of the Mediterranean with this delicious sweet-and-sour turkey and apricot burger recipe.