- December 2010
- Serves 8
- Ready in 15 minutes
This quick bread garlic recipe uses a large crusty loaf and takes just 15 minutes to make. Use this vegetarian side dish to soak up sauces.
- 11.4g (6.5g saturated)
- 26g (1.5g sugar)
- Large white round crusty loaf, such as pain de campagne
- 100g butter, softened
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Small handful of fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves stripped
- Mix the butter with the lemon zest, garlic and herbs.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Slice the loaf almost all of the way down, leaving the base intact to hold it together.
- Smear the butter over the cut sides, then wrap the whole loaf in foil. Place on a baking sheet in the oven for 5-6 minutes, then peel back the foil and cook for a further 4-5 minutes to crisp up. Serve immediately, allowing people to tear off their own buttery slice.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...