- December 2010
- Serves 8
- Ready in 15 minutes
This quick bread garlic recipe uses a large crusty loaf and takes just 15 minutes to make. Use this vegetarian side dish to soak up sauces.
- 11.4g (6.5g saturated)
- 26g (1.5g sugar)
- Large white round crusty loaf, such as pain de campagne
- 100g butter, softened
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Small handful of fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves stripped
- Mix the butter with the lemon zest, garlic and herbs.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Slice the loaf almost all of the way down, leaving the base intact to hold it together.
- Smear the butter over the cut sides, then wrap the whole loaf in foil. Place on a baking sheet in the oven for 5-6 minutes, then peel back the foil and cook for a further 4-5 minutes to crisp up. Serve immediately, allowing people to tear off their own buttery slice.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Forget boring cheese sarnies – serve this tear-apart crown of wholemeal rolls, topped with mature...
Turkish pide with marinated artichokes, broccoli and cheese
”Oklava, the first restaurant I opened, is named after the rolling pin traditionally used to...