White chocolate marble eggs
- April 2005
- Makes 6 eggs
- Takes 40 minutes to make, plus chilling
This Easter, why not get creative with these homemade white chocolate Easter eggs? They’re really simple to make and are the perfect homemade Easter gift (or edible table decoration at an Easter lunch).
Looking for other easy Easter egg recipes? Our Easter egg recipe collection has chocolate Easter egg recipes for novices and eggs-perts.
- 10.4g (6.1g saturated)
- 23.1g (22.9g sugar)
- 200g white chocolate, broken up
- 2 tbsp dried raspberries, or use dried cherries or cranberries
- Melt the white chocolate in a bowl in the microwave for 4-5 minutes on medium-low, stirring halfway through. (Alternatively, melt in a bowl over a pan of just simmering water. Stir until smooth.)
- Working with 1 of the 6-hole egg moulds at a time, fill right up to the top with some of the melted chocolate, then turn quickly upside down over the bowl of chocolate, shaking it slightly, so that the excess chocolate drips back into the bowl. Once it has stopped dripping, turn it back up the other way, cleaning around the edges with a knife and paper towel. Press a few dried raspberries, cherries or cranberries into the chocolate and push down into the chocolate so that you will be able to see them on the outside of each egg.
- Repeat with the other mould, chocolate and raspberries, cherries or cranberries. Chill until the chocolate in each mould is set – about 15 minutes.
- Repeat the process, until you have a double layer of white chocolate in each mould, then chill again for about 1 hour, until completely hard.
- Squeeze gently to release the eggs from the moulds. Briefly melt the surface edge of each egg on a heatproof plate over a pan of hot water and press the 2 chocolate halves together. Leave to set. Decorate with ribbons and dried or fresh flowers. The eggs will keep for up to 10 days, stored in an airtight box in a cool, dry place.
You will need 2 x 6-hole egg moulds, with each egg measuring 6cm in length, from good cookware stores.
Rate & review