Coconut and white chocolate bites
- December 2006
- 300g good white chocolate, broken up
- 300g fresh coconut shavings (from health food shops)
- 12 mixed glacé cherries, halved, to decorate
- Line 2 large baking sheets with baking paper. Put the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of just-simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Leave to melt for 3-4 minutes, then remove from the heat and stir very gently until just smooth – white chocolate doesn’t like to be over-mixed so treat it gently.
- Add the coconut shavings to the chocolate and stir until just cooled. Use a teaspoon to place heaped mounds onto the lined baking sheets, spaced apart. You should have enough to make 24. Pop a cherry half on top of each, then set aside to cool and set.
These will keep in a large airtight container, layered up with baking paper, in a cool place for up to 1 month.
Rate & review