Zahtar spiced nuts
- October 2004
- Serves 4
- 10 minutes
This Lebanese-inspired recipe for herby, spiced nuts makes for an excellent nibble to have with drinks. Use whatever blend of nuts you like.
For another way with zahtar, try this Middle-Eastern inspired butter bean dip.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 250g mixed nuts (we used almonds, cashews, hazelnuts and pecans)
- 1 tbsp olive or sesame oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C/gas 6.
- For the zahtar, mix together the dried thyme, sesame seeds and finely grated lemon zest and sea salt.
- Spread the mixed nuts in an even layer on a large baking sheet.
- Sprinkle over the zahtar, then drizzle with tablespoon olive or sesame oil. Toss together, then roast for 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Put the nuts into a bowl and serve warm as a nibble.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Roasted almonds with grana padano and paprika
A great pre-dinner nibble, these roasted almonds with grana padano cheese can be addictive. If...