Zahtar spiced nuts
- October 2004
- Serves 4
- 10 minutes
This Lebanese-inspired recipe for herby, spiced nuts makes for an excellent nibble to have with drinks. Use whatever blend of nuts you like.
For another way with zahtar, try this Middle-Eastern inspired butter bean dip.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 250g mixed nuts (we used almonds, cashews, hazelnuts and pecans)
- 1 tbsp olive or sesame oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C/gas 6.
- For the zahtar, mix together the dried thyme, sesame seeds and finely grated lemon zest and sea salt.
- Spread the mixed nuts in an even layer on a large baking sheet.
- Sprinkle over the zahtar, then drizzle with tablespoon olive or sesame oil. Toss together, then roast for 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Put the nuts into a bowl and serve warm as a nibble.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Roasted almonds with grana padano and paprika
A great pre-dinner nibble, these roasted almonds with grana padano cheese can be addictive. If...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...