Spiced butter bean and za’atar dip
- May 2016
- Serves 4-6 as a snack
- Hands-on time 10 min
All this spicy bean dip needs is a stack of toasted pittas or crudités and your snack is complete.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- 9.4g (1.4g saturated)
- 5.3g (0.5g sugars)
- 400g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp za’atar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 3 tbsp garlic oil (or 1 crushed garlic clove mixed with 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- Juice ½ large lemon
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and, using a stick blender, whizz until smooth. (Or blend in a food processor or crush in a large pestle and mortar.) Taste and season, then transfer to a serving plate or bowl, drizzle with a little extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with extra za’atar if you like. Serve with toasted pittas, crudités, crispbreads or crisps.
The finished dip will keep covered in the fridge for up to 48 hours.
A beer, and the creamy texture and lemony tang of a Belgian wheat beer is spot on for the butter bean dip and Anna’s clams.
If you prefer a white wine here, pick a modern Spanish white such as godello.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...