2017 delicious. Produce Awards: South West, Isles of Scilly and The Channel Islands finalists
Thank you for your nominations. Here are the shortlisted producers who have made it through to the final round…
A total of 19 South West products from 16 local producers have reached the finals of the delicious. Produce Awards 2017.
The regional judges were Charlie Turnbull, a judge for the World Cheese Awards and owner of deli and cheesemonger Turnbulls; Somerset beef farmer and Mad For Food director Mary Macneal; and Jane Baxter of food and event company Wild Artichokes.
South West, Isles of Scilly and The Channel Islands finalists are:
- Charles Martell & Son Ltd, Dymock, Gloucestershire: Stinking Bishop Cheese
- Orange Elephant Ice Cream, Exeter, Devon: Elderflower and Lime Ice Cream
- Ann’s Pasties, Helston, Cornwall: The Cornish Pasty
- Clare’s Preserves, Bovey Tracey, Devon: Pink Exmoor Gin Marmalade
- Classic Herd Limited, St Peter, Jersey: Black Butter Ice Cream
- Sibling, Charlton Kings, Cheltenham: Sibling Gin
- Stroud Brewery, Stroud, Gloucestershire: Alederflower Pale Ale
- Primrose Herd, Redruth, Cornwall: Smoked Dry Cured Back Bacon and Cornish Hogs Pudding and Chorizo Style Sausages and Traditional Breed Shoulder of Pork
- The Game Chef, Exford, Somerset: Pheasant Rillettes
- Cusgarne Organic Farm, Truro, Cornwall: Grass-fed Organic Beef
- Story Organics, Compton Martin, North Somerset: Pasture-fed Beef
- Severn and Wye Smokery, Westbury-on-Severn, Gloucestershire: Oak Smoked MSC Haddock Fillets
- The Cornish Fishmonger, Saint Columb, Cornwall: Smoked Haddock
- Sole of Discretion, Plymouth, Devon: Pollock
- The Bertinet Bakery, Bath, Somerset: Bertinet ‘Artisan for Everyday’ White Sliced Sourdough Tin Loaf
- Riverford Organic Farmers, Buckfastleigh, Devon: Mini Cucumbers
The regional finalists will be judged at the national final in July by some of the top names in the food industry. The winning products and producers will be announced online and in the magazine’s October 2017 issue, and then featured throughout the year.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine this month for a half price subscriptionSubscribe