What to do with leftover cider vinegar
Praised for its health benefits, cider vinegar is perfect for cooking and making salad dressings. So if you’ve got a few tablespoons left in a bottle, read on to find out five flavoursome ways to use it up in these recipes.
Recipes using cider vinegar
- Quick pork and apple salad with cider dressing
- Slow-cooked barbecue pork belly
- Warm chorizo caramelised apple and walnut salad
- Umami cheeseburger
- Thai-flavoured chickpea and millet cakes with red pepper sauce
How to use up leftover cider vinegar
- Apple coleslaw with cider vinaigrette. When making coleslaw, mix 2 peeled and finely sliced eating apples into the veg and use cider vinegar in the dressing to give it an extra tang. You can find a coleslaw using our online recipe database.
- Quick-pickled red onion. In a small mixing bowl whisk together 120ml cider vinegar, 1 tbsp caster sugar and 1 tsp salt until most of the salt and sugar have dissolved. Add 1 very finely sliced red onion and toss to coat. Leave the mixture at room temperature for about an hour, then serve with smoked fish or in a cheese toastie.
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter