Warm chorizo, caramelised apple and walnut salad
- January 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min
Now this is our type of salad: glistening chorizo, maple caramelised apples, fried radicchio and parmesan shavings. Serve warm with our hot buttered rum and ginger toddy.
- 33g (11.3g saturated)
- 13g (11g sugars)
- 1 radicchio or 2 red chicory
- Sea salt flakes
- 30g butter
- 150g cooking chorizo, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 2 small eating apples, peeled, cored and thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 40g walnuts, toasted in a dry pan and roughly chopped
- Handful fresh flatleaf parsley, leaves picked
- 25g parmesan, shaved using a vegetable peeler
- Trim the end from the radicchio and cut lengthways into 4 thick wedges. Season with sea salt flakes and black pepper.
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chorizo and fry for 2-3 minutes until it’s lightly golden and releases its oil. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the radicchio to the pan and fry for a minute on each side until just warmed through and starting to brown. Transfer to 4 warmed plates and set aside.
- Wipe out the pan with kitchen paper and return to the heat. Add the extra-virgin olive oil then, as soon as it’s hot, add the apple slices and cook over a medium-high heat for 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Add the vinegar, maple syrup and a pinch of sea salt flakes, then reduce the heat slightly and cook for a further minute until the apples are just tender. Return the chorizo to the pan along with the walnuts. Stir once to combine.
- Spoon the chorizo mixture over the radicchio. Top with the parsley and shaved parmesan, then drizzle with a little extra oil if required.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Easy warm roast cauliflower, sweet potato and quinoa salad
Make the most of winter vegetables in this warming cauliflower, sweet potato and quinoa recipe....
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...