What to do with leftover pine nuts
Pine nuts are most commonly known as a key ingredient to pesto. Discover how you can use up leftover pine nuts in your cooking here.
Recipes using pine nuts
- Artichoke, spinach and pine nut dip
- Burrata with sticky roasted tomatoes, pine nuts and basil
- Spinach, ricotta, pine nut and dill tart
- Beef, onion, rosemary and pine nut parcels
How to use up leftover pine nuts
- Pine nuts & rosemary brittle
Toast a handful of pine nuts in a dry frying pan until lightly golden, then transfer to a bowl. Put 100g caster sugar in a frying pan over a medium-high heat to melt (don’t stir or it may crystallise). Cook until it turns toffee brown, then add the pine nuts with a pinch of salt and swirl the pan to coat. Pour the caramel onto a baking sheet lined with non-stick baking paper and scatter with a little finely chopped fresh rosemary. Break into shards when cool.