Burrata with sticky roasted tomatoes, pine nuts and basil
- July 2017
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 45 min
Roasted tomatoes and a gorgeous ball of fresh, creamy burrata cheese is the taste of summer in a simple starter.
You could also take the flavours from this recipe and make them into a main, in our orecchiette with tomatoes and burrata dinner.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 53.5g (18.1g saturated)
- 6.1g (5.5g sugars)
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 fat garlic clove, sliced
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Small handful of fresh basil, plus extra to serve
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- 100g whole burrata (or buffalo mozzarella)
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Toss the cherry tomatoes and garlic on a small baking tray with a drizzle of olive oil and some salt and black pepper. Roast for 45 minutes, then drizzle over the balsamic vinegar and leave to cool.
- Whizz the basil, lemon juice and zest in a mini food processor with the extra-virgin olive oil and some salt and black pepper.
- Divide the roasted tomatoes between 2 plates, top each one with the burrata, then scatter with the pine nuts, basil oil, basil leaves and ground black pepper.
Rate & review