Beef, onion, rosemary and pine nut parcels
- September 2008
- Serves 8
- Takes 15 minutes to make and 25 minutes in the oven
This beef and onion puff pastry recipe makes for a quick and easy alfresco lunch.
- 32.8g (15.3g saturated)
- 37.8g (3.2g sugar)
- 150g beef mince
- 150g pork mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano into small sprigs
- 2 x 375g packs ready-rolled puff pastry sheets
- 8 tsp onion marmalade
- 125g mozzarella ball, diced
- 25g Parmesan or Grana Padano, grated
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 1 large fresh rosemary sprig, broken into sprigs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Mix together the beef, pork, onion, fennel, garlic, oregano and seasoning in a bowl and mix together well using your hands.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 4 equal squares. Put on 2 baking sheets and spread each with 1 teaspoon onion marmalade. Top with the mince and fold in the corners to overlap the mixture. Bake for 15 minutes, then top with the cheeses, pine nuts and rosemary and bake for 10 minutes.
Rate & review