What to do with leftover rose harissa
It’s one of THOSE ingredients, where you might have a little leftover in a jar, stashed in your fridge door. This smokey, spicy red pepper paste has a gentle floral fragrance from added rose petals.
Discover five moreish ways to finish off your leftover rose harissa jar here.
Recipes using rose harissa
- Harissa-spiced slow-roast lamb
- Ravioli with rose harissa, chorizo and summer veg
- Warm roast vegetable salad with hazelnuts and rose harissa
- Houmous and harissa kofte pittas
- Turkish meatballs
How to use up leftover rose harissa
- Lamb cutlets. Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Sear 6 lamb cutlets in a hot ovenproof griddle pan for 1-2 minutes on each side. Transfer the pan and cutlets to the hot oven and cook for 5-6 minutes for medium-rare. Toss the warm cutlets in a tablespoon of rose harissa paste, lemon juice and plenty of chopped parsley, then serve with salad and bread as a quick meal for two.
- Yogurt dip. Mix 2-3 tbsp harissa with 200g greek yogurt and a squeeze of lemon juice. Stir in freshly chopped coriander and season with salt and pepper for a spicy dip or serve with a roast.
- Spicy roast vegetables. Heat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/ gas 6. Roughly chop 2 red onions, 2 red peppers and 1 large courgette, then toss in olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast on a baking tray for 15 minutes. Remove and stir in 2 tbsp harissa. Return to the oven for 15-20 minutes, then serve with bread for lunch or as a side.