Garlicky greens with harissa yogurt
- March 2020
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
Serve these garlicky greens as a vegetarian main, with your favourite bread for mopping up the harissa yogurt, or simply as a stunning side dish.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 7.2g (1g saturated)
- 24g (5g sugars)
- 300g baby leeks, halved widthways
- 300g purple sprouting broccoli, ends trimmed, halved widthways
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g crusty white bread
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- ½ tbsp chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 250g shredded curly kale
- Finely grated zest and juice ½ lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 500g fat-free thick greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Heat a large griddle or frying pan over a high heat until smoking. Toss the leeks and broccoli with 1 tsp olive oil, then griddle/fry, turning occasionally, for 3-4 minutes until scorched. Put on a baking tray, then roast for 10 minutes until tender.
- Whizz the bread in a mini food processor (or simply tear) to make large crumbs. Heat 1 tsp olive oil in the frying pan you used for the leeks over a medium heat, then fry the breadcrumbs, stirring, for 4-5 minutes until golden. Season with salt and pepper, then stir in most of the dill and chilli flakes. Set aside on a plate to cool.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the same pan, then fry the garlic for 1 minute. Add the kale and cook for 2 minutes more until wilted. Add the griddled vegetables, season, then squeeze over the lemon juice.
- Spread the yogurt over 4 plates, then swirl ½ tbsp harissa into each. Top with the veg, then scatter over the crumbs. Sprinkle with the lemon zest and remaining dill and chilli flakes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Green Thai curry with greens
A sensational Thai curry recipe that is quick and easy to make and delivers a...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...