Garlicky greens with harissa yogurt
- March 2020
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
Serve these garlicky greens as a vegetarian main, with your favourite bread for mopping up the harissa yogurt, or simply as a stunning side dish.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 7.2g (1g saturated)
- 24g (5g sugars)
- 300g baby leeks, halved widthways
- 300g purple sprouting broccoli, ends trimmed, halved widthways
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g crusty white bread
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- ½ tbsp chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 250g shredded curly kale
- Finely grated zest and juice ½ lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 500g fat-free thick greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp Belazu Rose Harissa Paste
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Heat a large griddle or frying pan over a high heat until smoking. Toss the leeks and broccoli with 1 tsp olive oil, then griddle/fry, turning occasionally, for 3-4 minutes until scorched. Put on a baking tray, then roast for 10 minutes until tender.
- Whizz the bread in a mini food processor (or simply tear) to make large crumbs. Heat 1 tsp olive oil in the frying pan you used for the leeks over a medium heat, then fry the breadcrumbs, stirring, for 4-5 minutes until golden. Season with salt and pepper, then stir in most of the dill and chilli flakes. Set aside on a plate to cool.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the same pan, then fry the garlic for 1 minute. Add the kale and cook for 2 minutes more until wilted. Add the griddled vegetables, season, then squeeze over the lemon juice.
- Spread the yogurt over 4 plates, then swirl ½ tbsp harissa into each. Top with the veg, then scatter over the crumbs. Sprinkle with the lemon zest and remaining dill and chilli flakes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Green Thai curry with greens
A sensational Thai curry recipe that is quick and easy to make and delivers a...