- 4 chicken breasts, with skin
- 200g mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 500ml white wine
- A splash of brandy
- In a pan, heat a glug of olive oil. Season the chicken breasts, then fry, skin-side down, until golden. Turn over and sear, then set aside.
- Fry the mushrooms, sliced, in the same pan until golden. Add the garlic and onion then cook until soft. Stir in the mustard and tarragon. Add the white wine and a splash of brandy, then bubble for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken, skin-side up, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring now and then. Garnish with fresh tarragon.