- 150g light muscovado sugar
- 100g olive oil spread
- 50g clear honey
- 150g high-fibre cereal
- 50g mixed dried fruit, chopped
- 1 tbsp golden linseed
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ fan160C/gas 4. Grease the base and sides of a 18cm square x 2.5cm deep tin. Put the tin on a piece of baking paper slightly larger than the tin. With a pencil, draw a line from each corner of the tin to the nearest corner of baking paper, then cut along each line with scissors. Press the paper into the tin to line it. Take time over this -the cake will be easier to serve and slice.
- Put the sugar, olive oil spread and honey into a large bowl and microwave on medium for 2 minutes. The mixture will be very hot, so take great care when removing the bowl. Stir well.
- Stir the cereals and fruit into the sugar mixture. Spoon into the tin and flatten with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle the linseed on. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown, (kids) ask an adult to remove the tin. Cool in the tin for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut into 12 bars. Wrap each one in baking paper and store in an airtight tin.