1 tbsp olive oil
4 Tesco Finest British Pork Chorizo Style Chipolatas, or similar
110g baby leeks, sliced lengthways
Small bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
50g butter, melted
3 large filo pastry sheets, halved to make 6 rectangles
2 medium free-range eggs
200ml double cream
Small bunch of fresh basil, leaves shredded
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Heat the oil in a pan, slice the sausages diagonally into 2cm pieces and fry, turning, for 5 minutes until cooked through and crispy on the outside.
2. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Pour out half the fat from the pan, add the leeks and spring onions with a pinch of salt, then fry over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes until soft. Add to the sausages and leave to cool.
3. Meanwhile lightly grease an 18cm loose-bottomed round sandwich tin with a little melted butter. Brush a filo sheet with more butter. Carefully fit into the tin and up the sides, then place another sheet on top. Brush with more butter, then repeat to form 6 layers.
4. Mix the eggs, cream and basil with some seasoning in a jug. Put the tart tin on a baking sheet, scatter the sausage and leek mix over the base, then pour over the eggs and cream.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked through and golden. Serve with a green salad. Use any leftovers for lunch the next day.