- 60g Stilton, at room temperature, crumbled
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 chicory heads
- 2 celery sticks
- 180g bag mixed salad leaves
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 60g walnut halves, broken into
- large pieces
- In a small bowl, beat 15g Stilton with the crème fraîche and lemon juice until smooth, and season to taste. Set aside.
- Rinse the chicory and pat dry. Slice each lengthways into eighths and put in a large salad bowl. Chop the celery into 2mm slices, reserving the tops to garnish. Add to the bowl.
- Wash the salad leaves and dry thoroughly. Add to the bowl. Toss in the oil, walnuts and remaining cheese and divide between 4 large plates. Spoon over the Stilton dressing and serve. Garnish with the celery tops.
- Stilton is the traditional creamy blue cheese made in Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and Leicestershire. The rind of a good Stilton should have the aroma of a cellar’s stone walls.