How to carve a chicken: tips and video
Don’t ruin all your hard work with a poorly carved chicken. Find out how to carve correctly by watching our quick video.
Steps on how to carve a chicken:
- Place your bird on a carving board and remove any string.
- Insert your knife between the leg and the body and cut down through the skin to loosen it.
- Pull the leg down to expose the joint and then cut through the joint to release the leg.
- Next, remove the wing on the same side. You can either cut the breast meat in long sweeping cuts parallel to the breast bone or cut down along the breast bone and release the breast meat in one piece to carve separately.
- To separate the drumstick and the thigh, feel for the joint between them then cut through with a knife. You can cut off some of the brown meat, or you can serve it on the bone.
Or, check out our roast chicken recipes.