Join us for an evening of Whitehaven wine and seafood
Highly regarded for its quality and intensity, Whitehaven Sauvignon Blanc is the perfect match for seafood. Discover how well they go together at this special delicious. reader event.
To prove just how well Sauvignon Blanc pairs with seafood, Whitehaven has teamed up with seafood and oyster specialist Wright Brothers, for an exclusive ticket-only event at its stylish new restaurant at the iconic grade II-listed Battersea Power Station development.
Sam Smail, Whitehaven’s talented chief winemaker, is responsible for ensuring the brand’s uncompromising focus on quality and will be there to talk you through the wine. A special one-off set menu has also been created for the evening, with each of the four delectable courses tailored to pair with Whitehaven Sauvignon Blanc.
Your menu for the night:
- Carlingford oysters four ways; natural, dressed in pineapple and chilli radish, ceviche with lime juice, chilli and coriander and tempura with sweet miso and bonito flakes
- Starter: Josper-roasted fillet of Cornish mackerel with blood orange, fennel and chicory salad
- Main: Pan-fried fillet of Brixham gurnard, Jerusalem artichokes, kale and pickled cockles.
- Dessert: Roasted Yorkshire rhubarb, blood orange, vanilla cream and puff
The event is limited to just 50 delicious. readers, and tickets are available on a first come, first served basis, so don’t delay getting yours! For more details, see the box.
Make it happen
- Where? Wright Brothers, 26 Circus West Village, Battersea Power Station, SW8 4NN, London
- When? 27 February at 7pm
- What? Four courses, plus Whitehaven Sauvignon Blanc served with each course
- How much? £55 per person
Tickets are limited, get yours now at whitehavenwine.eventbrite.co.uk
Discover Whitehaven Sauvignon Blanc
The award-winning 2017 Whitehaven Sauvignon Blanc is a consistent expression of Marlborough’s unique style and has lovely aromas of grapefruit, guava and passion fruit. It’s medium bodied with a finely balanced acidity, and the lovely fragrant fruit flavours persist on a long, clean, crisp finish. The wine is best served lightly chilled and is the ideal match for seafood.
Based in the heart of Marlborough, New Zealand, Whitehaven is one of the renowned wine region’s leading family-owned wineries. Established in 1994, its small and talented team makes elegant, single varietal wines, bringing to life the White family’s vision to create a respected and critically-acclaimed winery.
Whitehaven Sauvignon Blanc 2017 is available from addisonwines.com