Master mixology at thebar.com
When you’re looking to make a lasting impression at your dinner party, there’s no better way to match that perfect dish than with the complex and sophisticated flavours found in these three cocktails.
From the floral notes of a good gin to the robust molasses that make a smooth rum, there’s a drink for every occasion – and you can find the ideal drink pairing for your palate-pleasing meal at thebar.com.
Taking the guesswork out of your party prep, it will help you to easily play bartender at home, no matter the occasion. It’s got a recipe for every course that you can serve as an appetizing aperitif or deliciously decadent digestifs.
Thebar.com also offers you advice and tips for everything cocktail-related, including the equipment you’ll need and the glassware you should be using to serve them up in. And, as it’s the showcase destination for some of the most premium spirits – including Captain Morgan, Smirnoff and Tanqueray – you can get exclusive offers and information on world-class brands.
So grab the cocktail shaker and mix it up with a shot of passion and verve. Just take a look at some of the recipes below, designed to dazzle your friends and guests with your drinks knowledge.
A Gordon’s Gin signature cocktail, this is easy to make and delicious – mix Gordon’s London Dry Gin with lemon juice and apple juice for a fine, citrus-edged cocktail.
50ml Gordon’s® London Dry Gin
50ml apple juice
1. Fill a tall glass with ice.
2. Using a jigger, measure 50ml Gordon’s London Dry Gin and pour into the glass.
3. Top up with apple juice and lemonade then stir the mixture thoroughly using a bar spoon.
The crisp, cool flavour of Ketel One vodka and delicate elderflower match perfectly in this drink that celebrates the founders of this iconic vodka
50ml Ketel One® Vodka
17.5ml elderflower cordia
l35ml cloudy apple juice
35ml tonic water Mint leaf, to garnish
1. Fill a mixing glass with ice cubes.
2. Use a jigger to measure 50ml Ketel One Vodka, 17.5ml elderflower cordial, 35ml cloudy apple juice and 35ml tonic water into the glass.
3. Stir with a bar spoon until well combined.
4. With a cocktail strainer, strain into a tall glass.
5. Place a sprig of mint in between the ice to garnish.
BAILEY’S CARAMEL APPLETINI
Bringing a delicious, sweet and tart edge to the great classic cocktail, the Baileys Caramel Appletini is one of its best recent innovations
25ml Baileys® Original Irish Cream Liqueur
17.5ml Smirnoff® Green Apple Flavoured Vodka
1 tsp caramel
1. Fill a cocktail shaker with cubed ice.
2. Using a jigger, measure 25ml Baileys Original Irish Cream Liqueur, 17.5ml Smirnoff Green Apple flavoured Vodka and 1tsp caramel sauce into the shaker.
3. Shake the mixture vigorously until the surface of the cocktail shaker feels chilled.
4. Using a cocktail strainer, strain the mixture into a martini glass.
For more exciting cocktail recipes visit thebar.com!