4-ingredient air fryer mac ‘n’ cheese
- July 2023
- Serves 2-3
Air fryer mac ‘n’ cheese using just four ingredients and ready in 30 minutes? It’s possible! Once you master this comforting evaporated milk cheese sauce, you’ll want to use it on everything – it’s just so easy. Cheesy chips, nachos, burgers, you name it.
Feel free to top the finished dish with crispy breadcrumbs and a little thyme for a little crunch.
- 40g (25g saturated),
- 46g (18g sugars)
- 250g macaroni
- 410g tin evaporated milk
- 200g cheddar, coarsely grated
- 30g parmesan or pecorino, finely grated
- Specialist kit
- Air fryer
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Add the macaroni and cook for 6 minutes, then drain.
- While the pasta cooks, pour the evaporated milk into a large saucepan and put over a medium heat. Once simmering, add the cheddar and whisk until melted.
- Add the pasta to the cheese sauce, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, then transfer to a baking dish which fits inside your air fryer.
- Heat your air fryer to 180°C. Top the pasta with the grated parmesan or pecorino, then cook for 12 minutes until golden and bubbling on top.
We love this classic version, but feel free to experiment with different cheeses such as mozzarella, blue cheese and gruyère next time you try this.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter