Chickpea linguine with samphire and lemon
- April 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
Struggling to make it to payday? You can still dine like a king if you’re on a budget with our chickpea pasta recipe. Seasoned with lemon, garlic, parsley and chilli, it’s packed full of flavour and will fill you up too. It’s a real winner.
And if that sounds good, then you’re going to love our lemon and parsley linguine.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 11.7g (1.6g saturated)
- 75.7g (2.5g sugars)
- 360g linguine
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 sliced garlic cloves
- 1 finely chopped red chilli
- Bunch of chopped fresh parsley stalks (reserve the leaves for later)
- 125ml dry white wine
- 90g fresh samphire
- 400g tin of drained and rinsed chickpeas
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Chopped reserved fresh parsley leaves
- Cook the linguine according to the pack instructions. Reserve a mugful of the pasta cooking water, then drain well. While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Add the garlic cloves, red chilli and a bunch of chopped fresh parsley stalks (reserve the leaves for later). Cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until fragrant. Pour in the white wine, then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the samphire and chickpeas, then warm through. Add the drained linguine to the pan, tossing to coat. Toss with a splash of the reserved pasta water until well coated and saucy.
- Season to taste with a squeeze of lemon juice, salt and plenty of black pepper, then stir in the chopped reserved fresh parsley leaves. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...