Chickpea linguine with samphire and lemon
- April 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
Struggling to make it to payday? You can still dine like a king if you’re on a budget with our chickpea pasta recipe. Seasoned with lemon, garlic, parsley and chilli, it’s packed full of flavour and will fill you up too. It’s a real winner.
And if that sounds good, then you’re going to love our lemon and parsley linguine.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 11.7g (1.6g saturated)
- 75.7g (2.5g sugars)
- 360g linguine
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 sliced garlic cloves
- 1 finely chopped red chilli
- Bunch of chopped fresh parsley stalks (reserve the leaves for later)
- 125ml dry white wine
- 90g fresh samphire
- 400g tin of drained and rinsed chickpeas
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Chopped reserved fresh parsley leaves
- Cook the linguine according to the pack instructions. Reserve a mugful of the pasta cooking water, then drain well. While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Add the garlic cloves, red chilli and a bunch of chopped fresh parsley stalks (reserve the leaves for later). Cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until fragrant. Pour in the white wine, then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the samphire and chickpeas, then warm through. Add the drained linguine to the pan, tossing to coat. Toss with a splash of the reserved pasta water until well coated and saucy.
- Season to taste with a squeeze of lemon juice, salt and plenty of black pepper, then stir in the chopped reserved fresh parsley leaves. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
Rate & review