Air fryer chicken breast salad
- January 2022
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 20 minutes
Chicken is an air fryer’s best friend – it cooks it quickly, evenly and without drying it out. This simple recipe for spiced chicken breast is served with a honey mustard salad, but you can cook the breasts and serve them however you like.
New to air frying? Check out our collection of air fryer recipes.
- 19.1g (2.9g saturated)
- 10.7g (10.1g sugars)
- 2.3g f
- 2 skinless free-range chicken breasts
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano
For the salad
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- Handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ iceberg lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- Put each chicken breast between 2 sheets of baking paper and bash with a rolling pin until evenly flat all over (they don’t have to be super-thin, just the same thickness throughout). Use a fork to prick lots of little holes in the chicken, then put them in a dish and coat with the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Heat the air fryer to 190°C. Mix the paprika, salt, pepper, cayenne and oregano together, then massage the mixture all over the chicken breasts, ensuring an even, liberal coverage. Put the chicken in the air fryer and cook for 16 minutes, turning halfway.
- While the chicken cooks, put the honey, mustard, oil, vinegar and garlic in a clean jam jar, season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper and shake to create a dressing. Season the tomatoes with a pinch of salt.
- To serve, toss the lettuce in some of the dressing to coat, then divide between bowls. Arrange the tomatoes and capers on top. Slice the chicken breasts and put them in the centre, then drizzle over the remaining dressing.
Air fryers work best when the food is in a single, even layer with a bit of space between each piece. You can scale this recipe up and down easily, but work in batches if your air fryer isn’t big enough. We used a 4.2 litre air fryer, which just about fit 2 chicken breasts in.
You can make the dressing up to 3 days in advance and keep it in the fridge.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chicken schnitzel with zingy fennel and watercress slaw
Crispy breaded chicken pairs perfectly with zingy fennel in this...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter