Almond and cranberry granola bars
- March 2022
- Makes 12
- Hands-on time 15 min, plus cooling. Oven time 30 min.
These delicious homemade granola bars are packed with creamy almonds and tangy dried cranberries. Perfect for snacks, picnics and lunchboxes.
Have a go at making your own cereal too, with our five-seed granola recipe.
- 7.7g (0.7g saturated)
- 27.1g (17.7g sugars)
- 140g blanched skinless almonds
- 150g gluten-free rolled oats, half whizzed in a blender to make a flour
- 200g dried cranberries
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- ¾ tsp fine sea salt
- 150ml maple syrup (check it’s vegan if it needs to be)
- 150ml golden syrup
You’ll also need
- Sugar thermometer
- Heat the oven to 180°C fan/ gas 6. Line a 20cm x 20cm baking tin with baking paper. Spread the almonds on a baking sheet and roast for 7-8 minutes until golden, set aside to cool, then roughly chop. Put the almonds in a bowl with the oats, oat flour, cranberries, coriander and salt. Turn down the oven to 160°C fan/gas 4.
- Pour the syrups into a deep pan (they’ll bubble up a lot) and simmer until the temperature reaches 122°C on a sugar thermometer (about 4 minutes once they’re simmering rapidly).
- Quickly pour the syrup over the oat mixture, then stir with a spatula until fully combined. Tip into the prepared tin, pressing down gently with damp hands to form an even layer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Leave in the tin to cool, then cut into bars/triangles.
The bars will keep in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter