Apple and pear tart
- November 2017
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 30-35 min
This apple and pear tart uses ready-made puff pastry and can be rustled up in no time. We’re sold.
For something a little more indulgent, try our apple frangipane tart made with a sweet layer of buttery almonds.
- 29.8g (11.4g saturated)
- 33.9g (17.1g sugars)
- 320g ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 beaten free-range egg
- 2 thinly sliced apples
- 2 thinly sliced pears
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 100g ground almonds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp apricot jam
- Crème fraîche (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Unroll the ready-rolled puff pastry onto a baking sheet lined with non-stick baking paper. Using the tip of a sharp knife, score a 1cm border all the way round. Generously brush the beaten egg all over the pastry.
- In a bowl, mix the apples, pears and the lemon juice.
- Combine the ground almonds and ground cinnamon in a small bowl, then sprinkle evenly over the centre of the pastry. Top with the apple and pear mixture.
- Sprinkle over the brown sugar, then bake for 30-35 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden. Warm through the apricot jam and a few drops of water in a pan or microwave, then generously brush over the finished tart. Serve the tart with dollops of crème fraîche, if you like.
Rate & review